Sunday 1 May 2011

Seeking God Not Things

http://www.ucb.co.uk/index.cfm?itemid=88&testdate=01+May+2011
Seeking God Not Things
When we are looking to do something different what helps us to make our decision?
I know that working with children has been something I have loved doing and have done most of my life, in one way or another. How did I come to do that? Well, I looked after my younger brothers when I was quite young myself, as mum went out to work in the evenings in the local chip shop. Then later when I was still only 15, I looked after my brothers and my dad as mum was in hospital after a serious operation. I helped in my children's school, then went on to do the NNEB. Being with children was just a big part of my life, that it seemed the natural choice when it came to a career. It was not actually what I really wanted to do....
I always wanted to be an actress! I used to love singing and dancing in my back garden! Whenever there were family gathering's I used to 'boss' my cousins into putting on a 'show'! As a teenager I loved it when I was chosen to be in the school play! My audition was standing in front of the school head master and reading the part that I would hopefully play! It was great fun! Some people from Nottingham Playhouse even came and helped with lights and make up!
I was not a born again christian in those days, so did not think for a minute what God might want me to do!
Now as an adult it is very important to me that I follow the path that God wants me to be on. I would not want to make choices about what I do with my life without his input. For me that means reading my bible, worshipping him, praying, being with other Christians and seeking him on a daily basis. 'Things' are not actually very important...being in the right place and helping other's know him is what I am called to do as a christian.
So...where do I go next?...Where do you go next?....The best way I know is God's way......

No comments:

Post a Comment