Sunday 27 September 2009

Goose Fair

As the nights draw in, a tradition happens in Nottingham and it is called Goose Fair..the largest travelling fair in the country...

I have always loved Goose Fair! As a child it meant a late night, as the best way to see the bright lights of the rides was always at night, and still is! It has changed a lot over the years. There seems to be many rides for children and some very big rides for the adults! There are all the things you would expect to find at the fair, hook a duck,shooting range, helter skelter, big wheel, toffee apples, hot peas (my favorite!) and lots more!

This year it starts on Wednesday 30th September at 5:00 pm. Then carries on until Saturday night. The other days it opens at midday and is open until at least 10:00 pm, if not later!

The best things about the fair are the atmosphere and all the sounds and smells of the fair. I am blessed as I work very close to where the fair takes place and can see it all going up! The only decision I have to make is which night shall I take a walk around it and go and find my favorite stall selling hot peas?.....

Photo taken at Goose Fair 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment