Saturday 9 March 2013

March 2013

I think the year is moving along quite quickly....

My first post of 2013 and already we are in March! What can I tell you...
Well, we are still waiting to hear about the house! I know things must be moving along in the background and when properties become empty they are not being re let, so I know something is happening and I suppose we will hear something eventually!

 Next weekend is Chris's birthday and also St Patrick's day the day after. It's a great time to catch up with family and friends and celebrate Irish connections!

Spring seemed to be here this week but then it's 'vanished' again and  very cold weather has reappeared..it could only be England!

I am continuing to read through my bible. I have now read the whole of it from beginning to end and it took me some time to do that! I am now following a reading plan for Lent and finding it very helpful to focus on what happened leading up to Jesus being crucified and then rising from the dead on the third day..Easter Sunday. People sometimes say that they have given up something for Lent. That is a good thing to do if it helps you focus on Jesus and prayer. There's not a lot of point giving something up if it does not mean a real sacrifice..
I know reading the Bible is the best way of getting to know the word of God and having a real relationship with him. I am becoming more aware of Jesus walking with me every day as I read the word, pray and talk to God. 
Being part of a great church and being in fellowship with the other members is a great encouragement to me and helps set me up for the rest of the week!
Have a great week and if you are able why not visit a great church near where you live? I know you would be welcomed by the people there as they once walked in for the first time too..


No comments:

Post a Comment