Wednesday 1 December 2010

December 2010

I always wonder where time goes to and am amazed once again that we are in the final month of the year...
December is upon us once again! This December has started off with the most freezing cold, snowy weather, that most people can ever remember. I thought last winter was a one off and that we would not see lots of snow again for years! I was very much mistaken as there is so much snow you would be forgiven if you thought we were in Siberia! I believe that is where it has come from!
I saw on the news some snow sliding off a roof onto a lady, who was walking past at the time. That is just how I remember it from the 1960's! I would not have thought that would be happening in 2010!

My daughter sent me some amazing photos today from Staveley, which is near Chesterfield in Derbyshire. Snow so deep it was up to my 5 foot tall, grandson's knees! I don't think it matters if the snow is heavy or light because once it is there, any other snow will just build onto it.
Oh for the days when I would get home from school, in similar freezing weather,to be greeted by Mum. who would always have  a large coal fire burning in the hearth. Mum would have a cup of lovely, hot, sweet tea waiting for us and some biscuits!
Dinner would then most likely be a big plate of English stew!

Today I have been home as we have had to have a 'snow day' from work. The roads are just too dangerous for us to go onto them! I have kept nice and warm and cosy. I would not like to think this weather will go on for very long, because we need to get back to normality! (Whatever that is!)

No comments:

Post a Comment